The best way to finish a meal, in one word: heaven!
- Start with Tenerina cake: melt the chopped chocolate on “bagnomaria”, make sure that the water underneath doesn’t touch the pan with the chocolate. Only when the chocolate is melted add the butter and mix until uniform and smooth. Let it cool stirring occasionally. Pre-heat the oven at 180 degrees.
- Separate yolks form egg whites in two bowls. Add half of the sugar to whites and whisk them until you have a white, soft and firm cream, set aside.
- Add the rest of sugar to the yolks and whisk them until nice and creamy, while whisking add also the melted chocolate. Keep whisking slowly until uniform.
- Add 1/3 of the whites and mix with a spatula. Then keep adding slowly the whites mixing gently with spatula from the top to the bottom with a folding movement.
- Grease and flour a cake tin (23 cm wide) and pour the mix. Bake for 30-35 minutes until a toothpick comes out dry form the centre of the cake. Dust with icing sugar and let it cool down.
- Make the Mascarpone cream: in a little pan heat the water with sugar until 121 degrees (when it starts bubbling). Meanwhile start whisking the yolks in a bowl and add the sugar when it’s on temperature. Carry on whisking until the mix is completely cool.
- In another bowl mix the Mascarpone with a spatula and add the yolks mixing gently. Your cream is ready.
- In a small plate spoon the cream with a cocoa powder dusting. Cut a square of cake and place it on top. Serve immediately and enjoy!