These are my very special, softy, squeezy, “melt in your mouth” burger buns. Don’t give up if you think the dough it’s too runny, you’ll see the magic happaning in the oven!
- In a small bowl mix water, milk, sugar, honey and yeast. Let it rest for at least 3o minutes to allow yeast to start his fermentation process.
- In a large bowl put flour, salt and softened butter. Start rubbing with your hands until a crumbly consistency.
- Add the yeast mix and the eggs and work the dough. Knead for 8-10 minutes trying not to add too much flour, it needs to be uniform but very soft and moist.
- Let the dough prove for at least 2 hours or until doubled in size.
- Push the dough in order to get rid of the air inside. Divide it into 6 parts (or 12 if you want mini burger buns) and roll the dough gently using palm and fingers in your hand with a round movement. The ball needs to be smooth and puff inside.
- Let the buns prove for 1 hour or until doubled in size. Glaze with the eggs.
- Bake in the oven at 175 degrees for 14 minutes or until golden brown. Let them rest out of the oven for 10 minutes and serve warm.