This soft stuffed bread is perfect alone as aperitive or snack, even better as accompaniment for cheeses or cold meat with a nice glass of white wine.
- Start with Pesto, so you can then let it rest in the fridge for a while before you use it: blanche the basil leaves in boiling water for 2 minutes and put them straight away in ice cold water. Put them in a mixer together with garlic, pine nuts, Parmesan, olive oil and salt. Mix, add seasoning to taste and cover, let it rest.
- Sift the flour and put it in a mixing bowl, warm the milk just a little bit and then dissolve the honey and yeast in it, let the yeast mix rest for 5 minutes. In the bowl mix the flour with salt and butter. Pour the yeast mix in the bowl mix all together and work the dough on a floury surface, knead it for 5-6 minutes. Put the dough back in the bowl and let it rest for 2 hours or until doubled in size.
- Push the doughin order to get rid of the air inside, work it for few minutes on the floury surface. Roll it with a rolling pin until you have a square not thicker than 0,5 cm. Divide it in 3 equal partes.
- Start filling the dough: spread the pesto on the 3 rectangular shapes, leaving the edges clear in order to be able to close it. Now put the mozzarella on top and if you want add a bit of basil. Carefully fold the dough sticking the edges together giving the shape of a snake, make sure the edges are sticking well together so the filling won’t come out; repeat the process with the other 2 parts in order to have 3 “snakes”.
- Stick the top of the 3 snacks together and start making the plat putting alternatively one snacks between the other 2. When the plat i ready put it on a baking tray using a baking paper sheet. Cover with a kitchen towel and let it rest for at least 30 minutes. Meanwhile pre-heat the oven at 190 degrees.
- Brush the surface with the egg yolk and spread the seeds on top. Put the plat in the oven trying not to open the door during the baking time. Bake for 20 minutes or until the plat is golden brown on top and well cooked also underneath. Let it cool down for 5 minutes and serve it.