A fresh summery dish for a pic-nic, a quick lunch at home or a packed lunch at work. Tasty and light, with the Italian flag colours!
- Start bringing to boil some water in a large pan. Prepare a large bowl of water wit ice. Wash the basil leaves and blanche them for few seconds in the boiling water, put them straight in the iced water and let them cool completely. Remove the leaves and dry them completely with a kitchen towel. Put them in a food processor.
- While the water is boiling blanche also the tomatoes for few seconds and put them straight in the iced water, let them cool completely and then remove skin and seeds, chop them and set aside.
- Add a handful of salt to the boiling water and cook the pasta “al dente” (2-3 minutes less then the package instructions and also according to your taste). When past is cooked dry it in a colander and put it straight in the cold water, allow to cool completely and keep it in the cold water until you make the salad.
- Now you can make the pesto sauce: in the food processor mix together the basil, half of the avocado, walnuts, garlic, olive oil, Parmesan, salt and spices, blend until nice and creamy.
- Dry the pasta and put it in a large bowl with the olive oil, add the pesto sauce and mix well, add the chopped tomatoes and the chopped avocado, finish with black pepper and some fresh herbs.