Black olives, green olives, good quality olive oil.. you mix them together and you’ll have an irresistible Italian bread with a beautiful strong flavour.
- Lightly oil a baking tray. Mix both flours together with salt in a bowl, make a hole in the centre.
- Mix the water with yeast and sugar and pour it in the hole with the olive oil. Knead the dough for 8-10 minutes until smooth and elastic. Put the dough in a oiled bowl, cover with cling film and let it prove for 1 hour or until doubled in size.
- Put the dough on a floury board and turn it upside down. Knock it with your hands and add the olives, fold it and knead it in order to spread the olives. Let it rest for 5 minutes. Make an oval shaped loaf and put it on the baking tray.
- Make 6 deep cuts on the loaf surface. Cover with lightly oiled cling film and let it prove for 30-45 minutes or until doubled in size.
- Meanwhile pre-heat the oven at 200 degrees. Spread some olive oil on the loaf’s surface and bake in the oven for 35 minutes. Let it cool on a grate.