The perfect dish for a cosy, warm, cuddly evening at home when it’s cold outside.
- Start with the rice: put it in a colander and rinse it properly for few minutes. Put it in a bowl and add the cold stock. Leave it to soak for a couple of hours.
- Melt 1 tbsp of butter in a heavy bottom casserole pan, add the garlic clove and let it cook for two minutes, remove it before it gets brown. Add the sliced mushrooms and the finely chopped parsley stalks, fry for 5 minutes.
- Remove the rice from the stock and start to warm the stock up separately. Add the rice to the mushrooms and let it toast for few minutes mixing constantly. Add the white wine and let it dry completely.
- Now start adding the warm stock one ladle at a time in order to cook it and obtain the right creamy consistency.
- When the rice is cooked but not completely dry remove it from the heat, add the rest of the parsley, the rest of the butter and the parmesan and mix it vigorously in order to obtain a nice creamy consistency. Serve immediately with a nice glass of red wine.