The perfect combination of flavour and healthy food. When you eat Minestrone you feel satisfied and you know that you are taking care of yourself. When you make it you feel the magic, so take your time, prepare the vegetables nicely, dice them finely and you will see the result!
- Start preparing, washing and peeling all the vegetables properly. Dice the pumpkin and courgettes in cubes (or you can make different shapes if you want to be creative and impress your guests)
- Prepare the beans, dice the potatoes, finely slice the leeks and the cabbage. Cut the plum tomatoes in quarters.
- In the end prepare the soffritto: finely dice the onions, carrots and celery
- Tie the rosemary, thyme and bay leaves up together with a string in order to make a Bouquet Garni.
- Your ingredients are ready, you can now start cooking: pour the olive oil in a big pan and add the soffritto when it’s hot and sizzling. Add the leeks and let it cook for 10 minutes.
- Now add the Bouquet Garni and the beans, pour some water in order to cover the vegetables. Bring it to boil and cook for a couple of minutes. Now add the pumpkin, water again and bring to boil cooking for a couple of minutes. Repeat the same process with the potatoes and cabbage. Now add the parmesan crust, cover with the stock and let it cook for 30 minutes.
- Now add the courgettes, peas and tomatoes, water if needed and season to taste. Cook for 5 more minutes and then remove from the heat. Remove the Bouquet Garni and Parmesan crust and let it rest for at least 1 hour.
- Re-heat to serve, top it up with grated parmesan, basil leaves, olive oil and black pepper. Make bruschetta toasting the bread under the grill with a drizzle of olive oil and then brush with a garlic clove.