This is a healthy and light dish, suitable for vegetarians and spicy enough to give you a energy booster for the rest of the day!
- Before you start soak the rice in the cold stock for at least 2 hours, then dry it completely saving all the stock.
- Put the olive oil in a large heavy bottom pan. Peel the garlic cloves, crush them, remove the bud inside and fry them in the oil for few minutes. Before they start colouring remove them and toast the rice for few minutes stirring constantly and not allowing it to colour.
- Put the stock in a separate pan and simmer it with bringing to boil. Wash the kale and remove the stem from the leaves. Add it to the pan and cook for few minutes. Wash the spinach, add it to the pan together with salt and alla the spices. Cook for few minutes.
- Add the stock to the pan slowly mixing the risotto until it is completely covered in liquid. Cover the pan and simmer gently until the rice is nice and soft but still quite moist, don’t allow it to dry completely, if needed add stock in progress.
- Remove the pan form the heat and finish risotto stirring quickly and constantly, add the butter and the Parmesan and keep stirring until it is nice and creamy. Serve immediately.