These crunchy sticks are very easy to make and when they are homemade they are even better than the ones you can find in the shops. If you start with one you can’t stop!
- Lightly oil 2 sheet of parchment paper. Sift the flour with the salt in a big bowl and make a hole in the centre.
- In a small bowl mix the yeast with water and pour the mixture in the hole, add the olive oil and mix until nice and soft. Put it on a floury board and knead it for 8-10 minutes until smooth and elastic.
- Give to the dough a rectangular shape about 15 x 20 cm, brush the surface with olive oil and cover with oiled cling film, leave it to prove in a warm place for about 1 hour or until it has doubled in size.
- Pre-heat the oven at 200 degrees, spread on the surface the seasoning you picked for your Grissini (seeds, olives, spices, herbs.. free your imagination!): today we’ll use sesame seeds. Divide the rectangle in 2 equal parts and divide each part in 10 strips long 7,5 cm. Roll every strip with your hands in order to have it long about 30 cm.
- Spread sesame seeds on the surface and brush it with oil, repeat all the process for the other Grissini and put the on the baking tray using the paper you prepared before. Let them rest for 10 minutes. Bake in the oven for 15-20 minutes or until golden brown.