We call it “Torta di riso”, just like my Grandma use to make when I was a little boy and I was coming back from school with my mouth already watering. It is perfect as a healthy snack but also as a filling dessert after a light meal.
- Start putting the raisins in a small bowl with the rum and let it rest for 30 minutes. Pre-heat the oven at 170 degrees.
- Warm the milk up in a pan with the cinnamon sticks and 50 gr of sugar. Bring it to boil and add the rice. Simmer over a low heat and remove the cinnamon sticks. When the rice has absorbed all the milk and has the consistency of a “Risotto” it’s ready for you cake, allow it to cool down.
- Meanwhile beat the eggs together with the rest of the sugar, add the melted butter, lemon zest and pine nuts. Dry the raisins and add them to the mixture with the ground cinnamon. Add also the rice and mix well.
- Grease a round 24 cm diameter cake tin with butter then spread the breadcrumbs. Pour the mixture in the tin.
- Bake for 60 minutes or until the surface is golden brown. Serve it warm or cool it down in the fridge and serve it cold.