Try this mouthwatering Focaccia, crunchy on the outside, soft on the inside; good for breakfast, lunch or dinner, by itself or with cold meat and cheese.. simply delicious!
- Start melting the yeast in the 60 g water for the first dough, let it rest for 5 minutes. Mix with 100 g strong flour, knead well until uniform and smooth, cross with a knife and let it rest at room temperature for about 2 hours covered with a kitchen towel until doubled in sized.
- Add all the ingredients for the second dough, water and olive oil together, salt at the very last. Knead for 5 minutes until smooth and elastic, make a ball, cover again and let it rest at room temperature for 3-4 hours until tripled in size.
- Transfer the dough on the oven tray with parchment paper and let it rest as it is for 10 minutes, then using your hands push the dough in order to spread it to the edges. Cover with cling film and let it rest for 30 minutes.
- Now it’s time to make the holes: flour your hands and use 3 fingers to push the dough starting from the top and going towards yourself.
- Make the topping: in a small bowl mix water, olive oil and salt together and be careful to spread it evenly on the surface, making sure that every hole is filled completely. Let it rest for 1 hour at room temperature, part of the topping should be absorbed. Pre-heat the oven at 220 degrees.
- Add just another drizzle of olive oil and a sprinkle of coarse salt on top. Bake in the oven for 10 minutes plus 5-8 more minutes at lower temperature (190 degrees) until golden brown on top and bottom. Let it cool down and serve immediately.