This light savoury pie it’s perfect for the Easter Monday pic-nic. With a light dairy free shortcrust pastry and a spinach and ricotta filling you will feel satisfied and for sure you will need another slice!
- Start with the pastry: in a bowl mix water, oil and baking powder. Start whisking to uniform and add slowly the flour, when you are halfway with the flour add the salt. Add the remainig flour and start working the dough with your hands on a floury surface, don’t work it too much, just until it’s nice and smooth, it needs to stay very soft and not too elastic. Let it rest at room temperature for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile start with the filling: put the olive oil in a frying pan with the garlic clove (get rid of the soul), warm the oil up and discard the garlic before it gets brown. Add the spincah and fry them in order to eliminate as much excess of water as you can. Before you put the spinach in the bowl you can sqeeze them on a colender.
- In the bowl mix the spinach with ricotta, grated Parmesan, Cheddar small cubes, 1 egg, nutmeg, salt and pepper to taste.
- Using a rolling pin roll 2/3 of the pastry in order to cover a circular cake tin, press the party to the edges using your fingers in order to have at least a 4 cm edge. Pinch the bottom with a fork.
- Add the filling to the pie trying to have a even surface. Using a teaspoon make 4 holes in the filling as deep as the bottom of the pie, make sure that they are big enough to hold an egg. Break the four eggs and very carefully lay each in every hole.
- Roll the remaining part of the pastry and cover the pie using a fork to close the edge.
- Bake in the oven at 170 degrees for 40 minutes. Serve when it is still warm or cold as a snack.