I was looking for a tasty and herby wholemeal bread for dinner in the market.. I couldn’t find it, so in the end I decided to make one myself! 😉
- Start with the courgettes: grate them and put them in a bowl with some salt. Set aside and let rest for 30 minutes.
- Prepare the yeast mix first: make sure the water is room temperature and melt the yeast and the honey in it. Let it rest for 15 minutes.
- Sift the flours together and mix them with the rest of the dry ingredients: salt, sunflower seeds, oats and Parmesan. Finely chop the parsley and add it to the mix. Take the courgettes, eliminate the excess of water from the bowl, then transfer them in a clean towel and squeeze them in order to get rid of the rest of the water. Add them to the dry ingredients and mix very well with your fingers.
- Now add the olive oil and the yeast mix and start working the dough. Knead it for at least 8 minutes until it is smooth and uniform. Put it back in the bowl with some olive oil, cover with cling film and let it rest for at least 3 hours.
- Work the dough again pushing out the air, divide it in 2 loaf working them in your favourite shape. Put them on a baking tray using oiled parchment paper. Using a sharp knife make few cuts on the surface. Let it rest for 1 hour or until doubled in size, meanwhile pre-heat the oven at 200 degrees.
- Bake in the oven for 30-35 minutes or until the crust is nice and golden. Let it rest for 20 minutes before serving.